Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vp719

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
Wondering if anyone else has run into this. I use my cable provider - xfinity - to sign in to a number of apps on my Apple TV's. I have a 4K, and the previous generation ATV. Both are updated to the latest OS, but this has been happening for months regardless of update. I have my TV provider logged in to both, always allow the apps to share the log in, but I still have to re-authorize each app at least once per week. I can't seem to find any pattern or reason for it, but it is getting really frustrating.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I have stopped using the apps because of this. I assumed it was an App Update but could just be Xfinity. the more you use/enjoy the Apps, the less "tv" you watch and more Data you consume.

I even tried this the other day to watch the NH Democratic Debate as I was already on AppleTV after watching a movie, but trying to re-authorize the ABC app (for the free broadcast) was frustratingly not working, so I then switched to just the TV/Xfinity and turned to the actual channel (not the channel App)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.