Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Is anybody else having a problem logging in thru their TV Provider thru apps like HBO Max, Showtime, and Starz after updating to iOS 16? My TV Provider is Cox. Every time I try to log in, I get an error message saying “Sign In Error. We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

I don't even know how to troubleshoot it. Any suggestions will be appreciated. TIA

Reactions: ThatAtomicPoet

Aggie88

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2013
Omaha
I have the same problem. I found out that it you have 2-factor authentication turned on for Cox it won't work. If you turn it off at the Cox site then it works. Looks like you don't get the prompt to request or enter the code that Cox would send with things turned on. I think Apple has to fix this one.

Reactions: edtorious

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I have the same problem. I found out that it you have 2-factor authentication turned on for Cox it won't work. If you turn it off at the Cox site then it works. Looks like you don't get the prompt to request or enter the code that Cox would send with things turned on. I think Apple has to fix this one.
That worked. Thank you!

Reactions: Aggie88
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.