Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NOV

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
The Netherlands
I have an older Mac Pro on OSX Mavericks that I would like to stay on Mavericks because of certain software comptability (like Aperture). The strange thing is that if I -for example- want to perform an software upgrade it comes with the iCloud login message box and when I enter my credentials it wants to perform a two factor authentication (and I see the 6-number code show upon my iPhone). Problem is however that I don't see a box or field to fill in the 6-number code. I think this because OSX Mavericks was still before this type of authentication. So now I'm in tricky position that I can not perform any upgrades...

Anyone know how to handle this??

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have an older Mac Pro on OSX Mavericks that I would like to stay on Mavericks because of certain software comptability (like Aperture). The strange thing is that if I -for example- want to perform an software upgrade it comes with the iCloud login message box and when I enter my credentials it wants to perform a two factor authentication (and I see the 6-number code show upon my iPhone). Problem is however that I don't see a box or field to fill in the 6-number code. I think this because OSX Mavericks was still before this type of authentication. So now I'm in tricky position that I can not perform any upgrades...

Anyone know how to handle this??
You need to enter the 2-factor code that you receive on your phone at the end of your password.
http://osxdaily.com/2016/08/23/login-apple-id-two-factor-auth-old-ios/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.