Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
Being recently married and living in a quite small flat, space at our home is relatively precious.
I’ve already got a 5K iMac and now looking for a 4K one for my wife.
We’re planning to put both iMacs on a single desk. Has anyone done this before?
Right now, I have a 120x60cm desk from ikea and by getting an additional leg, I can turn it into a 200x60cm desk. Also, there is a twelvesouth hirise stand that I can elevate the smaller iMac to its bigger siblings height.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Being recently married and living in a quite small flat, space at our home is relatively precious.
I’ve already got a 5K iMac and now looking for a 4K one for my wife.
We’re planning to put both iMacs on a single desk. Has anyone done this before?
Right now, I have a 120x60cm desk from ikea and by getting an additional leg, I can turn it into a 200x60cm desk. Also, there is a twelvesouth hirise stand that I can elevate the smaller iMac to its bigger siblings height.

Many people have put more than one iMac on a desk or table.

The record for iMacs in the back of a Volkswagen is 23.

wardie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Assuming you are not trying to do anything vaguely tricky like share a single screen between two macs, then it’s just a matter of the computers’ dimensions and your space. You can look up the size info on everymac.com or just measure the devices if you have them...

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
My question might seem silly but I didn't see any desk setup consists of two pc or mac and two chairs side by side at home.

The real question is: Why does your wife only get a 4K iMac? :)

I do video editing, coding and some game but my wife only plays some games and netflix generally.

idandavid

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2010
Israel
Why not let her have her own username on your imac?

It’s a lot cheaper and will solve some of your problems.

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
Why not let her have her own username on your imac?

It’s a lot cheaper and will solve some of your problems.

we both play some multiplayer games together. actually, I wanted to see some similar setups but people thought as if I asked them if double setup is possible. Of course this is possible..

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
A friend has a setup pretty much like you're thinking of trying.
It works for him and his wife.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.