Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitalion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
Hello all,

I hope that this is the correct section to post this thread.

I am looking for a solution for the following situation.

Mainly I am looking for a two way sync solution for my i Mac and an external SSD.

Let's say I work on the file A on my Mac. Then I copy the file A to the external SSD to work on it at the office. I do some changes on file A at the office and then save them. Based on that I have a newer version of this file on the external SSD but an old version on my Mac back home.

Having this in mind the only way to have the new version of file A on both devices (Mac and external SSD) is to manually copy/replace the file A from one device to the other.

Do you know if there is an app that can do this automatically?

I had a look at chronosync and CcC but I am not sure if these apps provide this service.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
V

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I had a look at chronosync and CcC
Chronosync will do what you want, but you ned to alter your workflow a little.

Just work on the file on the home Mac then let CS sync changes to the SSD. Then at work run CS to sync changes from the SSD to the work computer. Then repeat before you leave the office.

Chronosync IMO is better for this since it does two way sync and CCC is more for one way cloning.

vitalion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
@ianmcuk @Weaselboy thanks for the replies. i will have a look at the features of ChronoSync. it might be a good solution. also i am looking at GoodSync and it looks kind of similar to ChronoSync. it might worth a try.

cheers

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.