Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alternamelka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2020
uk
So now that non-essential stored will be able to fully open from the 2nd of Dec, anyone had any update on the iPhone Upgrade Programme?

Here is what I fully expect to happen:
  • Apple Store app won't allow us to reserve until (at least) 2nd Dec.
  • We will not get priority like they previously mentioned. The trade in itself will happen late December/early January.
  • Next year during the September upgrade we will have to pay an extra 2-4 months to upgrade 'early'.
UPDATE: just been to the Apple store and they waved the £60 whatever it is first time fee and the first month.
So next year when the phones come out in September you’ll be all good and won’t be penalised for being on the iPhone Upgrade Programme!
Really surprised they did this, completely unprompted as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Newbold

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
We’ve already had long threads about this. You might want to check them out.

alternamelka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2020
uk
We’ve already had long threads about this. You might want to check them out.
I did try and find a recent one now that we know the stores a definitely re-opening, just thought someone might have some more info, dates and such.

alternamelka

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2020
uk
UPDATE: just been to the Apple store and they waved the £60 whatever it is first time fee and the first month.
So next year when the phones come out in September you’ll be all good and won’t be penalised for being on the iPhone Upgrade Programme!

Chris Newbold

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
Anyone got any information on why there are longer wait times for certain stores eg Birmingham? If I travel to Leicester I can upgrade immediately! If I travel...
If not, January!

Think this is likely to change as stores get up and running properly?

Chris Newbold

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
There’s availability in Birmingham now and other location dates have slipped so it’s obviously changing quickly

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016

£60 waving off is no good when we’re 2-3 months late. I’ve already paid for 3 months now which is over £150 extra.

Chris Newbold

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
So now that non-essential stored will be able to fully open from the 2nd of Dec, anyone had any update on the iPhone Upgrade Programme?

Here is what I fully expect to happen:
  • Apple Store app won't allow us to reserve until (at least) 2nd Dec.
  • We will not get priority like they previously mentioned. The trade in itself will happen late December/early January.
  • Next year during the September upgrade we will have to pay an extra 2-4 months to upgrade 'early'.

Alternamelka, which store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.