Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
after taking a video, when trying to play it back in the photos app I get a pop up saying "unable to load video. an error occurred while loading a higher quality version of this video". I can't find anyone else mention this.

please help

Shwazam

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2020
after taking a video, when trying to play it back in the photos app I get a pop up saying "unable to load video. an error occurred while loading a higher quality version of this video". I can't find anyone else mention this.

please help
I am having this issue. Just made my first vids with new 12 pro max and all of them exhibited the same error at first. Minutes later they played okay. Then they refused to replay again intermittently . Older large video files migrated to this device playback fine.

Device has 50GB spare storage and optimize photos is not enabled.

Last edited:

iphone12pro

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2021
This is happening on my iPhone 12 Pro as well with videos from as recent as 2 months ago. I don’t use iCloud (so optimize photos is not enabled),
I’m running the latest version of iOS (14.4), and I have plenty of storage (using 150 gb of 256). I don’t know why this happens, but I have found that if I just iMessage the non-loading video to someone (I send it to my work phone, an iPhone XR), then the video will start working again. Kind of annoying but it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.