Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Have a family acct and update kids iphone and other ipads.. but somehow cannot update my own apps on Appstore even after entering correct password and user ID of principal apple id. Able to log in on icloud of principal ID on every devices except my own iPhone 6+. suggestions? It keeps saying verification failed.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Have a family acct and update kids iphone and other ipads.. but somehow cannot update my own apps on Appstore even after entering correct password and user ID of principal apple id. Able to log in on icloud of principal ID on every devices except my own iPhone 6+. suggestions? It keeps saying verification failed.
The app may have been initially downloaded with a different Apple ID.
If possible, delete the app and search for the app again.

- If the app page shows a cloud with an arrow pointing down, the app was purchased with the current Apple ID signed into iTunes and the AppStore on your device.
- If it shows you a green button with the word GET, the app was initially downloaded onto your device with a different Apple ID which explains why the verification kept failing.

In any case, try to download the app again and post back your results.

Also, you mentioned using the same "Principal ID" for iCloud on every family members device. That's typically not a good idea because you're iCloud details and services (Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Handoff, etc) are being shared. You might have you're own reasons but I just thought I should point it out. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.