Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadbuyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
I have seen no recognition by Apple of MMS issues on older devices. However, I am definitely seeing this problem. I can send MMS messages, but as of 14.2 (and a carrier settings update maybe around the same time) I am unable to receive any MMS messages. I have tried updating to 14.3 beta 3 and that didn't help. I've tried a Network Settings reset and that didn't help. I called my carrier yesterday and they pointed me to Apple. I chatted with Apple support and they pointed me to my carrier and said if it was widespread the carrier could contact Apple. I just got off the phone with my carrier again and they indicated that they have multiple customers impacted by this issue and that it is widespread.

This is creating some large communication challenges when messages are not being received. I'm disappointed that I've seen no recognition of an issue (other than on iPhone 12 series devices).

Anyone else seeing this? Can we get some traction on this and some recognition that something much larger is going on?

Jada34

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
I have seen no recognition by Apple of MMS issues on older devices. However, I am definitely seeing this problem. I can send MMS messages, but as of 14.2 (and a carrier settings update maybe around the same time) I am unable to receive any MMS messages. I have tried updating to 14.3 beta 3 and that didn't help. I've tried a Network Settings reset and that didn't help. I called my carrier yesterday and they pointed me to Apple. I chatted with Apple support and they pointed me to my carrier and said if it was widespread the carrier could contact Apple. I just got off the phone with my carrier again and they indicated that they have multiple customers impacted by this issue and that it is widespread.

This is creating some large communication challenges when messages are not being received. I'm disappointed that I've seen no recognition of an issue (other than on iPhone 12 series devices).

Anyone else seeing this? Can we get some traction on this and some recognition that something much larger is going on?

Many folks are seeing this:

Just keep reporting it via the Feedback app.

ipadbuyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Many folks are seeing this:

Just keep reporting it via the Feedback app.
Thanks for he links. The difference in those discussions and my situation is that I’m not on an iPhone 12 device. I’m still running an iPhone 6s Plus and seeing this issue. I haven’t seen any official information that seems to recognize this is more widespread than iPhone 12 devices.
Thanks.

ipadbuyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
I just received several MMS messages that had obviously been sent days ago. They all came in at the same time: about 2:46p CST. I can tell that there are probably some missing, but I'm hoping the issue has been resolved. We'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.