Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajdb9

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Hi all,

My usual photo workflow is to
  • Let iCloud take care of keeping my photos in sync between devices (and I curate what I keep there)
  • At least weekly manual backups (plug iPhone into Mac; use Image Capture to drag all recent photos since last backup onto an HDD).
The Image Capture part is failing me currently. I have tried this on two different Macs (running different OS versions), and using three different cables. I have restarted the Macs (including SMC reset), and restarted the iPhone. iPhone is on latest Public Beta 2.

It will take forever on the "Please wait. Photos in the Camera Roll... ...are being prepared." stage. And when the photos do show, it almost always won't let me drag any of the photos out (I've managed to get one or two at best). Most of the time when I try and import any photos, it will hang with no progress bar, and eventually either fail and say the phone has been disconnected, or just stop responding entirely.

If anyone has had any luck solving an issue like this, or has any suggestions on how it may be fixed, I would be most grateful.

(I'm trying to leave a full phone reset as the absolute last resort, as that is such a mighty pain.)

Many thanks,
Xander

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.