Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

RayCon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
Every time I try to "Restart Now," I get an error. I've tried restarting in Safe Mode. No joy. Am I going to be stuck here? I've owned Macs since 1989, and while I'm nowhere near a novice, I am totally baffled what to do about this… other than call Apple, though they tend not to want to help when it comes to beta versions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.36.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.36.40 PM.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 68

ashleykaryl

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
UK
Was this the RC version? I know some had problems with that one, though I was lucky. Can you boot into recovery mode and then reinstall Sonoma from a backup?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
What Mac are you installing Sequoia?
More importantly, are you using OCLP, so you can use a newer version of macOS than your Mac officially supports?

If you are not using OCLP, and this is what should be a normal update, there's only a couple of days to wait for the public release of Sequoia, when you can download the full installer, and make a bootable USB

Mike57000

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2023
Don't worry, I am faced with the same situation.
Delta update is not working and full installer is not available yet (it's always the case with RC).
We just need to leave the dev channel and wait for the official release of Sequoia tomorrow.

RayCon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
Was this the RC version? I know some had problems with that one, though I was lucky. Can you boot into recovery mode and then reinstall Sonoma from a backup?
I believe it's the RC version. Can't reinstall Sonoma from a backup. I should have saved a Sonoma backup, but my backups are up to date with Sequoia. I should have known better.

RayCon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
What Mac are you installing Sequoia?
More importantly, are you using OCLP, so you can use a newer version of macOS than your Mac officially supports?

If you are not using OCLP, and this is what should be a normal update, there's only a couple of days to wait for the public release of Sequoia, when you can download the full installer, and make a bootable USB
I've got a Mac Studio with an M1 Max processor. If I can get a full version from the App Store, that should resolve the problem. I'll just have to wait.

Zelegorm

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2014
The full update is already available in the store, right? The install brings up the same issue

RayCon

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2001
Stillwater MN
Don't worry, I am faced with the same situation.
Delta update is not working and full installer is not available yet (it's always the case with RC).
We just need to leave the dev channel and wait for the official release of Sequoia tomorrow.
Even tried downloading from the App Store, rebooting in Safe Mode, installing on a different drive. Nothing works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.