Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hknerdr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Turkey
Hi,

I have mid 2015 15" Macbook Pro with i7 4870hq CPU.

I installed Volta app to undervolt and for measurement istats and intel power gadget.

With trial and error i found that i can go for up to -85mV. Can go for -95mV but it doesn't differ in terms of performance.

Tested the performance with cinebench r20, i get around %8-10 performance increase but i mostly get around 95-98 degrees temperature on CPU. It gets hot so quickly. I couldn't make it cooler much with undervolting. I think CPU idle degree is a little bit lower, like 55 to 47 degrees.

I installed mac fans control and increased the fans to their max rpms but didn't change anything.

Is there anything i can do more? What would be your recommendations?

I used cinebench as benchmark tool, what can i use in addition? I used geekbench but i get a little bit lower results like 5-20 points.

Thanks

Reactions: ruslan120

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Odd that it didn’t change anything.

Have you tried cleaning out the dust and changing the thermal paste?

Maintenance:

Undervolting:

hknerdr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Turkey
thanks, i couldn't open inside but i will. Also i didn't checked the performance option and pushed more wattage to the cpu, as i thought its limits was 47w and it won't be any beneficial. I will try now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.