Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

De5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
i have the 13 inch cMbp, base model with 2 minor problems. I didn't care about the crooked trackpad and my cracking-like sounds when i press on my hinge, which is sticking out about 1mm, which also makes scratching sounds when opening my macbook. i have warranty still (not apple care just the 1 year it came with), and i am currently looking to sell my macbook and 2 people complained about the hinge and trackpad. does the 1 year warranty cover this?

Last edited:

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Take it to the Apple store...blah blah blah...the geniuses will say it is either fixable under warranty or it was your fault...blah blah blah.

samuelk0814

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
No reason why the 1 year warranty wouldn't cover it, to be honest it sounds like a manufaturing defect. I wouldget thatreplaed ASAP

De5

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
I dont have a real apple store near me, so I went to an authorized reseller. Told me that I can send it through them, and they will contact me when its done. It should take about 1 week. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.