Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frustrated guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2022
Hello, I have a unique issue! My apple device's wifi speeds drop to almost zero if a PC in the home is turned on. This PC is not connected to the internet, I disabled the wifi through windows, disconnected the Ethernet cable, and unplugged the wifi antenna. However if this PC is turned on at all the wifi on my iphone 13 and MacBook air 2022 drop to almost zero. I have a cox gigablast plan. My android devices are unaffected even when the PC is on and connected directly to the router/modem (panorama combo device) via Ethernet. Wireless diagnostics show everything is fine. Have found no information about this on the internet and cox support staff know nothing but turn the modem on then off. Both devices are updated on the software and os end. Anyone ever heard of this before?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Yes, we've heard of wifi interference before.

What model PC is it and what peripheral devices to you have connected to it?

Also, give all details of your networking setup.

Frustrated guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2022
Hello thank you for responding
Network is just the cox panorama wifi modem/wifi router at 1gbs speed. I connect it to the PC through ethernet and have the wifi disabled on the computer through windows.

PC is custom built
Aorus ultra z470 MB
i79700k
EVGA RTX 3080ti
Peripherials:
Wireless corsair k63 keboard
wireless logitech G903 mouse
xbox elite wirless controller

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.