Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Universal Clipboard works well with your Mac / iPhone?

• Works well

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Works sometimes

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Works sometimes and hangs my iPhone during paste process.

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters

Lorenzo92_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have an iPhone 7 Plus, with the iOs 10.2: i'm a tech addicted, and also a technician.
Ok, i have tried to use the universal clipboard, and.... really, wow, so bad implement function.

In fact, the copy / paste function, works.... well, in my tests, 3 time of 10.
The times that it works, when pressing the 'Paste' button, (copying from a Mac and paste to an iPhone) iOs will become unresponsive and hangs for at least 5-6 seconds. Also, sometimes it will hangs even before pressing the 'Paste' button.

I have tried with a MacBook Pro late 2016, and with a MacBook Pro 2015 and with 3 different wifi network, by copying simple text.

It's only me??

Lorenzo92_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
Today, i have restored my iPhone 7 Plus, and the same problems.
It doesn't works, hangs the phone everytime.

Mcmeowmers

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
Surprisingly it fixed handoff for me. Before handoff would only work if I was actively tethering a data connection. Universal Clipboard works all the time for me now as does handoff!

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
I had forgotten about this feature. Tried it on my iPad and pasted on my iPhone. Worked fine.

Lappen71

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
How?
Can you tell us your configuration?

You don't need any specially configuration.
Wifi on,BT on,logged in with your Apple ID on all your devices.
It's very hard to look for what's wrong when there is no more settings.

Lorenzo92_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
You don't need any specially configuration.
Wifi on,BT on,logged in with your Apple ID on all your devices.
It's very hard to look for what's wrong when there is no more settings.
sorry, i mean the hardware configuration.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I never used this feature. How to trigger it?

And I guess the stuff you could copy and paste between iOS and Mac OS X is limited.

Or I can say this feature never works for me. ;)

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
I guess anything you can copy can move over to another device under your apple id. As long as its close by each other and within a short timeframe. No way that you copy something on your phone and your girlfriend pastes it on the ipad at home or your you trying four hours later on your mac...

Lappen71

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
I never used this feature. How to trigger it?

And I guess the stuff you could copy and paste between iOS and Mac OS X is limited.

Or I can say this feature never works for me. ;)

You copy paste of course :rolleyes:

Images,videos,pdf-files work

Lorenzo92_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
I think that maybe the problem is related to the Wi-Fi or router configuration..
7 people here, has indicated that works well without problem..
I have tried another Wifi today, and the same issue...

I have three people here with an iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, and have the same problem..
I'm asking how people here, are getting works without problems.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
It worked flawlessly for me during the beta period of iOS 10.0 and macOS 10.12.0, but after that the problems started. Trying to paste something would hang my phone, and after waiting for a bit it does not paste anything. Then I try it again, but it would paste what I copied earlier on the phone itself.

Fortunately this doesn't occur all the time: usually it just works, but sometimes, especially when I want to copy/paste text + images it doesn't. Very strange, but not too bad.

Lorenzo92_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
It worked flawlessly for me during the beta period of iOS 10.0 and macOS 10.12.0, but after that the problems started. Trying to paste something would hang my phone, and after waiting for a bit it does not paste anything. Then I try it again, but it would paste what I copied earlier on the phone itself.

Fortunately this doesn't occur all the time: usually it just works, but sometimes, especially when I want to copy/paste text + images it doesn't. Very strange, but not too bad.
Yes, it's the same problem that occurs to me, thanks for having explained well.
We have to open a bugreport for Apple?

bcave098

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2015
Northern British Columbia
I've never used it before but tried it now. If I copy on my iPhone 6s, it will paste fine on my iMac (late 2013). But if I copy on my iMac, and try to paste right away my iPhone will freeze for about 20 seconds, then when it lets me paste it will only paste the last thing copied on the iPhone.

Lorenzo92_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
I've never used it before but tried it now. If I copy on my iPhone 6s, it will paste fine on my iMac (late 2013). But if I copy on my iMac, and try to paste right away my iPhone will freeze for about 20 seconds, then when it lets me paste it will only paste the last thing copied on the iPhone.
Is apple aware of this?
Ps: same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.