Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mariogolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2021
universal control (UC) requires moving pointer past the left side of the screen whereas sidecar (SC) requires moving the pointer past the right part of the screen. This is unintuitive when I use both UC and SC interchangeably. Can it be standardized somehow in preferences?

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
universal control (UC) requires moving pointer past the left side of the screen whereas sidecar (SC) requires moving the pointer past the right part of the screen. This is unintuitive when I use both UC and SC interchangeably. Can it be standardized somehow in preferences?
Yup you can go into diplay prefs and change it to how you want.

Reactions: Mariogolf

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
I can't find it. Do you know where are these preferences?
Display preferences, in system preferences- on the mac not the iPad.

You go when you’re using Sidecar and you’ll see to graphical representations of the main screen and the iPad screen, you can move the iPad screen to where you want it to go. Do the same thing when you’re using UC so they match.

Reactions: Mariogolf

Mariogolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2021
Just found out that prefs reset when I stop using iPad in SC or UC... it's so weak...

cupcakes2000

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2010
Just found out that prefs reset when I stop using iPad in SC or UC... it's so weak...
Weird, that doesn’t happen to me. You should file a bug report. Try restarting everything and stuff, see if it continues. Sometimes signing out and in to Apple ID on each device fixes weird little inconsistencies.

cerberus1846

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2021
i dunnno mate - sounds a lot like user error!.. you started off by blaming the features for not being intuitive.. but the fact is you didn't configure them correctly.. and now you're saying the settings don't save.. when they literally do until you change them again! LOL!.. 😅

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.