Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mischlecht

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2022
I have been using Universal Control for quite some time now between my 2020 MacBook Pro (Intel) and my 2021 MacBook Air (M1). I utilize the following Keyboard + Mouse:
  • Logitech MX Master 3
  • Logitech ERGO K860
My Keyboard + Mouse are connected to my 2021 M1 and I've enabled Universal Control to link my K+M to my 2020 Intel.

Apart from my custom mapping set via Logitech Options and Logitech Options+ on my mouse, everything has been working as expected.

ISSUE:
I recently updated to Monterrey 12.5 on both machines and suddenly the key mapping on my 2020 Intel has reversed the Command + Option keys. I attempted to manually override the key mappings at the System Settings level but I haven't had any luck.

I've seen some people state that granting "Full Keyboard Access" in the Accessibility settings did the trick for them but I did so and had no luck...

I also tried opening the "Keyboard Viewer" from the "Input Sources" tab from the Keyboard menu and clicking `Command` and `Space` to see if that would trigger my Spotlight Search (Alfred) and it worked no problem but when I attempted to do it on my keyboard it didn't work (I have to use `Option` and `Space` to trigger it).

I'm completely stumped.

Any ideas what I can do to swap them back?

Bonus points if someone can tell me how to bring my custom mouse button mappings over, too 😏

The problem was with the keyboard itself switched over to PC layout for some reason.

Still looking for a solution on the custom mouse button mappings, though :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.