Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariodante

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
I have a menubar icon that doesn't show up unless you click on it and I can't erase it with the Command function. It looks like a white tent and I'm wondering what it is and how to get rid of it! HELP!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 7.16.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 7.16.13 PM.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 346

mariodante

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
isn't that under the menubar? & have you rebooted? could be a residual image from some app...

Yes it is under the menu bar but that icon only shows up when I click on the empty space above it. I’ve tried restarting it doesn’t go away.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
check your startup items in system preferences>users & groups. did you install any new apps? check their preferences... try creating a test admin account, see if it shows up in that. something happened to put that there....

mariodante

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Hi all, yes I've rebooted several times. I've also checked Activity Monitor after restart to see if anything funky comes up, but I can't seem to notice anything weird. I tried running appCleaner and didn't see anything suspicious...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.