Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
I updated my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch this morning. Unlocking the iPhone with mask on automatically via Watch is great. BUT, neither the MacBook Air nor iMac are unlocked with the Watch now. I confirmed in Settings that Unlock with Apple Watch is still enabled.

This was working as recently as yesterday.

The iMac is on 11.1. The MacBook Air at work is one OS behind.

Anyone else noticing this?

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Many have said restarting their devices has solved the issues. Not sure if it will help in your case but it's worth a try
No luck. Rebooted. Put iMac to sleep with hot corner. Woke - asked for password. Tried again. This time saw 'Unlocking with Apple Watch' but then got password prompt again.

• Sad
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
No luck. Rebooted. Put iMac to sleep with hot corner. Woke - asked for password. Tried again. This time saw 'Unlocking with Apple Watch' but then got password prompt again.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a 7.4.1 update soon... Many are having issues with the unlock with watch feature on the iPhone...

Reactions: eoren1

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
I'm a big fan of Apple (lots of products, stocks, etc) but this seems SO basic. How has it not been spotted yet? Apple Watch 4, iMac 5k, MacBook Air 2013. Someone must have tried this combo during the very long beta period...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.