Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

empires90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
Hi, everyone, i'm new to the forum, i came here wondering if it's there any possibility to unlock an ipad 5 locked with icloud, it was lost in a hospital, is there any way to do it without apple support? Thanks so much

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Did you find it or lose it in the hospital? lol

Regardless its a brick for the most part. There is probably still some hardware work arounds but last I checked it required removal and reflash of the CPU. The expense and effort involved to do that keeps your data safe, it will be sent to china and parted out and resold first.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
I'm not sure what you are asking for? Have you got the ipad and want to get into it or has it been stolen and wondering whether someone else can get into it?
In any case, if you connect it to a computer in recovery mode, you can wipe it and set it up as a new device so yes.
I've had 2 stolen. One turned up in Morocco the other one I never heard from again but there wouldn't be much point stealing them unless you could get into them.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I'm not sure what you are asking for? Have you got the ipad and want to get into it or has it been stolen and wondering whether someone else can get into it?
In any case, if you connect it to a computer in recovery mode, you can wipe it and set it up as a new device so yes.
I've had 2 stolen. One turned up in Morocco the other one I never heard from again but there wouldn't be much point stealing them unless you could get into them.

Sigh.

One more time, If the device is locked via the iCloud activation lock, wiping and restoring is not possible. You will be prompted to enter the iCloud password to wipe the device.

Apple can and will unlock it with proper documentation and proof of (original) ownership. Otherwise, you now have a paperweight.

Reactions: scjr and 960design

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Hi, everyone, i'm new to the forum, i came here wondering if it's there any possibility to unlock an ipad 5 locked with icloud, it was lost in a hospital, is there any way to do it without apple support? Thanks so much
Yes. The original owner can enter the iCloud and password.
Otherwise, contact the hospital, nearest Apple store and/or police station to see if it has been reported lost. If yes, return it.

Welcome to the forum.

PS. You are sure to see online iCloud unlock services. They will charge your credit card and steal the device; which they then part out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.