Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkalot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2017
Hi,

I have quite an old macbook air that is out of warrently. Due to it beening a laptop it has been hevily used. As a result it has had a small amount of water spilt of the keyboard. This all heppened quite some time a go. But as a result it will not turn on. Due to it being out of warrantly and another issue I felt unable to have it looked at by an Apple store and I do not know of any other alternative.

I must say that this exact thing has happened once before and the mac came back on life after quite a while. The only noticable thing is that when the charger is connected the charging LED changes from a green to organge.

I have tried reseting the SMC and that seems to do nothing. When this happened before the LED changed colour indercating that the reset was succeful although I had to do it a few times before I was able to get a startup. Given that the macbook seems unresponsive I don't know if there is anything else I can try myself.

The computer has never been serviced and as previosly mentioned I would not know where to go due to the situation.

I live in South West London UK, if anyone can recommend a sutable option to have it looked at.

Kind regards.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I recommend opening the Macbook, disconnecting the battery, connecting the charger, and see if the Macbook turns on by itself and functions properly. If it does, the battery probably needs replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.