Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kanataville

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
Hi Experts.

I had created a family vacation album as a shared album on icloud photos library. I was inviting a few more people. I have 2 phones (5c and 5s) and have logged in with same apple account on both phones. So whenever i update the shared vacation album it gets updated on both phones and my windows pc where i have installed icloud software and iphotos for windows software.

So what happened was today I invited myself to the same album and accepted the invitation on one of the phones ie iphone 5s. Something went wrong and I couldnt see the album on the 5s but I could see it on 5c and my windows PC. I mean I could see only album title i.e. Disney album from Null Null. And there were no photos there.

So then in order to fix this I decided to uninvite myself from 5s, and i accidentally unsubcribed from the vacation album on the iphone 5s. As I unsubsribed I didnt realize this would cause unsubscription to the album I Created on the iphone 5c and the windows PC. As a result I have lost that vacation album for all devices

Can somebody help to retrieve it. I have icloud backup from both phones before the time this incident happened. I dont remember when I last took itunes backup. I know icloud back up wont fix since photos are stored and backuped separately.

On the website of apple i read it said that the photos are kept in the cloud for 30 days. Would they still be there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.