Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmgilliam18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2017
This is the first time I've had an update since I've had an iPhone.

It seems it's already downloaded it as I show the 10.3.2 in storage space area and in the general tab under software update. My question is, is it ok just to hit install now or is it better to install via iTunes as I read about on the apple update site?

Thanks in advance.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
This is the first time I've had an update since I've had an iPhone.

It seems it's already downloaded it as I show the 10.3.2 in storage space area and in the general tab under software update. My question is, is it ok just to hit install now or is it better to install via iTunes as I read about on the apple update site?

Thanks in advance.

Either way to install is acceptable through iTunes or over the Air. iTunes allows you to back up your data if need be.

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
Couple of minor things watch for: It can take 30-60 minutes to complete the update, during which time the phone is offline. And, charging needs to be at an acceptable level.

chilman

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
With decent wifi speed it will consume the same amount of time to complete the installment. Also time depends on how big the download file you'd download. Like you said it was your first time you did an update, I guess it may have been a big udate jump. You are in the right direction and make sure your iphone is hooked up to the charger. OTA is more convenient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.