Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
I downloaded a (.ipsw) , and it takes a long time. now I connect the my iPad to my PC and tried the manual update. holding down the shift key and click the restore iPad button. I select the file I downloaded and then hit update. my iPad restart and then there is the iTunes logo in the middle of the screen and also a cable coming from the bottom of the screen. I was happy for a moment and then there is this 3194 error comes up.
I know the problem begin when the iTunes try to connect to the server and then something goes wrong.
Now I can't even back to my old ios 7.
Is there any way to install my .ipsw into my iPad without even opening the iTunes.

Beavix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2010
Romania
I don't think you can install iOS 8 anymore. Apple stopped signing it after iOS 9 was launched.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Now you can only update to the latest firmware Apple is signing, 9.1. and 9.2.
What is the model of your iPad?

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
My iPad model is A1458, iPad 4th gen.
I was wondering if there is a software that can use my (.ipsw) file to update my iPad. so I don't have to use iTunes at all.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
No, wont work without iTunes. Download ipsw 9.2 for your device, put it into a DFU mode and SHIFT+RESTORE.

Reactions: coolesterman

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
I tried iTunes update and I face this error
There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad "iPad". An unknown error occurred (9006).
I tried to fix the problems with iTunes auto restore but it was completely waste of time. We are not in a good relationship with America so error after error
Anyway I'm looking for an alternative of iTunes.

coolesterman

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
where can I download .ipsw file for 9.2 ?
I mean if I have to spend my internet traffic to download an almost 2GB file again, where is the best place to download it. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.