Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NLLV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
I have to assume I am dumb, but I am fine with the RC release, so I updated today.
EDIT - I am on an M1 Pro macbook.

Siri - no change
Messages - delayed send (awesome)
Playground? Nowhere to be found.
Erase stuff? I dont use apple photos because it takes up 1TB on my HDD so cant do that.
Snapping? Great idea, but if you use multiple monitors it is trash and doesnt work correctly.

Maybe this is user error. I am updating to iOS 18 RC to see if phone mirroring is the killer app, but what am I missing here?

This really appears to be not much of an update at all.

NLLV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
Okay, so I enabled the photos app and there is no erase feature either.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I'll probably bite on this for my personal Mac, but all the stuff I'm excited about is Apple intelligence and we don't get that until 15.1.

The other features I'm interested are:

Passwords App - (I'm getting annoyed with BitWarden and hope this will help)
Background replacements - no one needs to see my home/office

Other stuff is listed here, but it is muxed in with apple Intelligence so it's all a mess of expectations

macos-sequoia-preview

NLLV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
I will add to this that my bluetooth audio is BROKEN.

Playing audio for more than a few minutes, the device crackles and pops like crazy.

Not sure if that is something in my system, but the problem goes away playing through the computer. Issue is that I have the lid closed and use multiple monitors.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

SoYoung

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2015
iPhone mirroring is truly a game changer and it's the best new feature in macOS for years. I can connect to my phone that are literally 2 floors upper than my mac. It will become even better when drag and drop feature will be supported later this year. The password standalone app that you can add in the menu bar is also an awesome addition.

Everything else is just a bonus for me. Sequoia is simply the best update since Mojave for me.

SoYoung

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2015
What do you expect? As long as I remember, every yearly updates are minimal for a while now. I think this year is way better than the previous ones.

Reactions: nortonandreev

NLLV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
iPhone mirroring is truly a game changer and it's the best new feature in macOS for years. I can connect to my phone that are literally 2 floors upper than my mac. It will become even better when drag and drop feature will be supported later this year. The password standalone app that you can add in the menu bar is also an awesome addition.

Everything else is just a bonus for me. Sequoia is simply the best update since Mojave for me.
yes, this was a big reason i updated soon as the RC came out.

You cannot call anyone though just quite yet.

NLLV

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
Oh, i should add that RCS is great. I forgot about it until i texted a photo from iMessage on Mac and was in the mindset of "hope this goes through..." and of course it did

In the past, images would often fail to send to android from imessage mac, and now they work as seamlessly as they do for imessage users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.