Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMinion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
Hi everyone

Need some help. I used to research a lot into upgrades but I’m recovering from a bad brain injury so i need your advice and would appreciate it if you keep it simple please!

Currently on 13 Pro. Definitely upgrading as 2 year contract just ended and giving to my daughter who really needs a better phone for uni coming from her SE 2020.

Do I go for 15 Pro for financial saving, or just jump to 16 Pro and take the hit? No idea what the cost difference will be. But that’s what I did when the 14 came out. However, it will be a business expense through the family business so might not be that bad.

My 13 pro seems pretty decent with photos. Battery life is good. Not a heavy user since my accident either. Used for family stuff, landscapes, filming my kids sports etc, organising my life 🤣

Would really appreciate your advice on this. Many thanks.

ArchEtech

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2022
You just as well go to the 16 pro. I don't see the 15's getting any kind of huge discount really, maybe. The 16 has some improvements on batter life over the 15, and may even perform better than listed with the more efficient cooling and chip/processing. Even the 15 is going to be a batter life and performance jump over the 13 though. There were some cooling issues in the 15 I think, I don't know if that was all resolved.

I wish they made a 16 mini pro personally but they don't so I just went to the MAX.

Reactions: iMinion

iMinion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2024
Thanks. I’ve been checking the prices as it’s just dropped in the UK. My business contract is with Vodafone and the price difference/saving isn’t that much so I’m leaning towards the 16 Pro atm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.