Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Was wondering if anybody upgraded to High Sierra APFS with any problems.

Somtimes upgrading to a new OS can cause development environments to be messed up. Any defects anybody noticed?

darkweather

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2013
For me: this is the worst os apple ever made. boot time is so long. there is a mount problem for external hdd. and some other things. I regret updating.

Reactions: Baerok and 28Gauge

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I think that I am going to hold off on upgrading to High Sierra. I don't need any regrets right now.

aznboi91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
For me: this is the worst os apple ever made. boot time is so long. there is a mount problem for external hdd. and some other things. I regret updating.

What do you mean mount problems? If external HD is not formatted in APFS it will not mount? that would be dumb .....

splifingate

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Any updates on this?

I can't say that I'm 'in' what one could call an official "Development Environment", but my installation(s) of Hi! Sierra was/ere effortless.

On my MBP 12,1 the Upgrade from S to HS was probably the least-painful of any Upgrade I've performed.

On the Mac Pro 5,1--apart from the complications in installing the HS-compat nVidia Web Drivers--it was a breeze to clean-install to a SSD.

TBH, the move to HS from S at-this-time is *not* necessary, yet very, very educational :)

Regards, splifingate

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
I read in this forum about slow boot, slow write speeds, conflicts with the nVidia webdriver with possible continuous loop, benchmarks that indicate High Sierra is slower than Sierra, firmware update problems for APFS, etc... etc...
I stay away from High Sierra at this moment.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
I read in this forum about slow boot, slow write speeds, conflicts with the nVidia webdriver with possible continuous loop, benchmarks that indicate High Sierra is slower than Sierra, firmware update problems for APFS, etc... etc...
I stay away from High Sierra at this moment.
I have High Sierra on 4 different machines. Works as expected for a .0 release. Some bugs but otherwise good.

I'm glad I upgraded all of them. In fact, two of them aren't even supposed to be able to run High Sierra, but work fine with it. See my sig.

However, before I upgraded, I made sure all my data was backed up of course.

BTW, I just got back from the other side of the world on a business trip, with my 12" MacBook with High Sierra. Worked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.