Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alaurence96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2019
Hello,

I am about to purchase this Samsung SSD for my MacBook Pro https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CGJNLBB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1). I have seen videos and threads about this SSD working with my specific Macbook Pro but I want to check two things here first:

1. Despite having seen others provide positive feedback about using this in their Macbooks, is there anything anyone here has reservations about or does this seem like a good shout.
2. MOST IMPORTANTLY - is this the BEST I can do within that price range for an SSD upgrade? I do ideally want 1TB.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Mojave 10.14.6

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Samsungs are know to result in higher battery drain that other models of SSD. Part of it may the result of its very high read and write speeds.

You can look at other SSDs such as the Adata sx8200 Pro and Sabrent Rocket.

alaurence96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2019
The Samsungs are know to result in higher battery drain that other models of SSD. Part of it may the result of its very high read and write speeds.

You can look at other SSDs such as the Adata sx8200 Pro and Sabrent Rocket.

Thanks for that. Just to clarify as I am a noob, both of those options you suggested would work with my specific Macbook, and in both cases I would still need an adaptor as with the Samsung?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.