Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
Hi,

Im setting up a powerbook 12 I bought for me mum and eht guy I bought it from took iPhoto off and I cant seem to find image capture. The book doesnt seem to be recognizing my camera. He installed photoshot cs so is there a way to get photos from my camera to the book now? Thanks

superleccy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2004
That there big London
Did he sell it to you with the original install disks? If so you could re-install iPhoto etc from there.

Alternatively, OS X should recognise your Digital Camera as a USB Storage Device and mount it in Finder. If so, you'll be able to drag the photographs over manually.

SL

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
D

Alternatively, OS X should recognise your Digital Camera as a USB Storage Device and mount it in Finder. If so, you'll be able to drag the photographs over manually.

SL

hmmm, it doesnt seem to be recognizing it for some reason... Ive never had a problem with it before... tiger or leopard

superleccy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2004
That there big London
Do the USB ports on the Powebook actually work?

Try another USB port on the machine. Will they read other digital cameras and USB storage devices? How about if you put the camera's memory card in a card reader and connect that to the USB port? Or, put another memory card in the camera and try reading that via the camera?

What's the spec of the Powerbook? And what OS is on it?

SL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.