Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muchomu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
houston
Hello,

I have an unlocked verizon iphone 7 purchased in-applestore at full price and I would like to know the differences between the model I have and the sim-free model (knowing that both are model a1660 CDMA and GSM):
  1. sim-free model does not hace a sim inserted (sim-free, obviously).
  2. sim-free model does have the SIM-eject tool.
Can I return mine for the sim-free? (I am still in the 14 days return)
Does it worth returning mine for the sim-free?
What should I do?
What you would do?

Thanks,
Regards.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
I guess you'd benefit by resetting your warranty start date...I'm holding out for sim free as well as I'm in no hurry to jump in

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't get it. Why is this urgent? And if there is nothing wrong with your current phone, why would you return it for basically the same phone?

It's not urgent. The OP is using the title as click bait to get answers faster. Unfortunately, it didn't work to their advantage.

Reactions: gotong and ABC5S

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Hello,

I have an unlocked verizon iphone 7 purchased in-applestore at full price and I would like to know the differences between the model I have and the sim-free model (knowing that both are model a1660 CDMA and GSM):
  1. sim-free model does not hace a sim inserted (sim-free, obviously).
  2. sim-free model does have the SIM-eject tool.
Can I return mine for the sim-free? (I am still in the 14 days return)
Does it worth returning mine for the sim-free?
What should I do?
What you would do?

Thanks,
Regards.

This is not urgent and you must deposit $10 to my Paypal acct for my answer.

Got it?

Reactions: gotong

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I guess this is urgent because his 14-day return period will be up soon.

Good question though, about what exactly is 'sim free' iPhone in the US. Hope someone can answer that.

In Canada, all iPhones paid in full from Apple Store are sim free, from very first day of launch.

muchomu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
houston
I guess this is urgent because his 14-day return period will be up soon.

Good question though, about what exactly is 'sim free' iPhone in the US. Hope someone can answer that.

In Canada, all iPhones paid in full from Apple Store are sim free, from very first day of launch.

Exactly, my 14 day return period is up tomorrow 21 included!!!
Thanks!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Sim-Free just means no sim card included when purchasing the device and does come with the sim-tool ejector. As for the carrier model, if purchased full price at the Apple store, it is essentially unlocked out of the box, it still does come with the sim card but one can remove the sim card and is essentially sim-free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.