Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russkn87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Kent, UK
Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up an S4 in the US in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the cellular capabilities will work if I activate it on EE in the UK?

AFAIK, the S3 cellular doesn't work across countries, just curious if anyone knows if this is still the case.

Thanks!

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
Nothing from them indicates any change on the crippling- but then again, that’s the entire point of the “embedded SIM”...

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
I don't know about the series 4, but the series 3 was "regional" because watches sold on each continent was specific to the LTE bands in that continent. So a Series 3 LTE bought in the US couldn't be used in the UK.

again, you'd have to look at the Series 4 specs to be sure.
[doublepost=1536874403][/doublepost]
Nothing from them indicates any change on the crippling- but then again, that’s the entire point of the “embedded SIM”...

I dont' think it's the embedded SIM that's an issue but the LTE bands that the watch works on.

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
If that was the case, the watch would work across various European countries. It doesn’t. Because it’s crippled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.