Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Can we hear more from folks who had their early October dates see movement? My friend got an October date :(
I’ve only seen one person posting in another thread that they got moved up. I’m in the 9-16 bucket as well. I am considering trying pickup in store on launch day if I can. (Then cancel my current preorder after I pick it up if it’s possible).

sojurn

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
Ohh just got the alert on my apple card, the payment for my first phone went through! Since I moved, I have yet to get the UPS My Choice information. (Just set it up yesterday) Now I have to wait for the code in the mail.. Hoping it shows up sooner rather than later. Still lurking for updates! hehe ;)

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
To the Wave Discussion and some questions about who is where or how the waves are even "made" - I would call it "educated speculation" based on at least 3-4 years of pre-order history and how some of us have tracked these flights. Sorry, @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ - not trying to contradict you, just trying to add some (or a lot) of detail to help answer the questions. ☺️

All our iPhones can't leave on the same plane at the same time, so they naturally must go out in waves or batches.

Saturday scans were centered around common label creation, depart facility, arrived facility, departed, etc. And, we thought since those phones with history like that are at the front of the pack, they might depart mainland China today. But that doesn't seem to have happed YET (it's just about 2pm Sunday as I'm typing)...so they could leave today.

The scans today were label creations and nothing past that and they were at about 3 different times in the morning (China Time). We haven't seen them leave FoxConn and enter the bonded area for inspection/customs at Zhengzhou yet. So the assumption is that the phones getting scanned today are Wave 2 and possibly Wave 3.

There is a possibility that these waves, as we have them labeled now, may leapfrog ahead or even break up, depending on how they get scanned. Eventually, waves may be renamed as we get departure flights out of China. So we may end up starting to say we're on xxx UPS Flight, or we're on the HHMM Flight to Tokyo or Anchorage, or Seoul. We've even seen later flights flights start catching earlier flights...planes breaking down in Alaska and delaying transport.

They all end up at the UPS World Hub at Louisville. Some phones will and must get there earlier than others. If you have a 9/22 delivery date, I think we have mostly seen that Apple drives UPS to meet that commitment and even speed up some later delivery dates to make it on launch day, too.

Good explanation @julit0 As of 8:45 AM CDT Illinois today (I am on wave 1 of first batch) there still is no movement from the arrival at facility so far. So almost 9 PM in China now I am not sure they will leave today since still no customs and such scans or receipt scan by UPS but as we all know in this crazy time the scans often do not complete population til arrival at the Louisville hub or after. So who knows but yeah this is fun. It does seem though lately the customs/UPS acquisition can take at least 24 to 36 hours. I later time then I would expect no movment til this evening my time.

sumarlidason

macrumors member
May 21, 2021
i feel optimistic they shook the bugs out of the pre-pre-order workflow this year. The most shocking problem to me this year was the trade-in service/APIs- a service that has been around for a long time should have been bullet proof at this point. One theory is new integrations for Apple Card installment plans were brittle -

@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ you know I want the new stuff in the 16 Ultra shall we call it. Feel the same but my faith in apple and its servers/apps was shaken and shades of other times when it failed and i had to wait (terrible first world problem I know) for several more weeks and wrong time of month. It seems like they never get this righit when nearly half time this happened over past few years.

My plan is to do the preorder and pre preorder, and if the preorder fails I might cancel and just buy my. 16 Ultra outright from a Best Buy preorder having it sent to my local store (no near Apple Store) and when it gets there it gets there and I go and pick it up.

And as some have said perhaps waiting for mid cycle to upgrade and buy the 16 Ultra then from apple when things are more normal LOL. So I have three choices next year but hope the first preorder plan works. But for now looking forward to my 15 ProMax
Always order from Apple.com.

I don’t like giving my money to BestBuy. They be up charging for some reason 😂

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Woke up to some progress. Need a flight out of CGO today!
IMG_7739.png

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Good explanation @julit0 As of 8:45 AM CDT Illinois today (I am on wave 1 of first batch) there still is no movement from the arrival at facility so far. So almost 9 PM in China now I am not sure they will leave today since still no customs and such scans or receipt scan by UPS but as we all know in this crazy time the scans often do not complete population til arrival at the Louisville hub or after. So who knows but yeah this is fun. It does seem though lately the customs/UPS acquisition can take at least 24 to 36 hours. I later time then I would expect no movment til this evening my time.
“Wave 2” catching up! Maybe we’ll be blocking your batch and they’ll have to load ours first. 😆

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I'm very pleased to announce I have been assigned a tracking number. Both of my iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB Nat Ti + Blue have a 9/16/2023 date stamp. They are also en route.

Last night I also checked the UPS App and it looks like the tracking number populated. Throughout the day it wasn't populating I’m not sure what took so long but it looks like UPS App was acting up. The good thing is both of my iPhones are traveling together. Safely. Hopefully, they will depart from China today. Let's see.

Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB

View attachment 2265717

Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB

View attachment 2265719
Whoopie @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ we are on Wave 1 together after all does look like UPS scans are starting to lag as usual and some of what happens will be speculation based on experience til they fully populate after arrival in Louisville and beyond.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Yes, I did. It's a good 30-45 min hike down but getting up was not fun. It was brutal 😂 the best part was I was down there all alone nothing but privacy and I stayed there for good 1-2 hours before people started to show up. I could have stayed there all day. I recommend hiking down there. It’s worth it!

Here's the video version of it.

View attachment 2265791

Btw, I just got back from my 3rd vacation from Chicago and I had a blast. I felt so connected with the city. Diversity and positive energy are all over the city and it follows you everywhere. I will never taste another pizza unless it’s from Chicago. I’m scared to order pizza now from dominoes and papa johns lol it won’t be the same ever.

The new iPhone 15 Pro Max is amazing.
that video - makes me regret not doing the hike! it is so beautiful.
did you get deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati’s or Giordano’s? Glad you had a great time here in my city!

are you also part of Wave 2? can’t wait for our iPhones to get in our hands. I ended up getting the Natural Ti. 😅 i saw a hands on video of that color and it just looks stunning.

Whoopie @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ we are on Wave 1 together after all does look like UPS scans are starting to lag as usual and some of what happens will be speculation based on experience til they fully populate after arrival in Louisville and beyond.
Yes sir! Not sure why my UPS tag was lagging and it was not showing up but seems like this year there is a lag with UPS tags to show up. Happy to travel with you tho! I’m still shocked you ordered the iPhone 15 Pro Max. You made me beg you and convince you for well over 6 months. Could have saved me a headache. Also, we went back n forth a lot too 😂

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I wish I could see more data on my order. I placed a pre order for a Natural Ti PM 256 on 7:25am and received a "W" number and I am in the "Processing" level with a Friday the 22nd 2:45 - 3:00 pm pickup.

I chose pickup this time as I have had a iPhone XS Max stolen on launch day Friday by UPS and I have had a set of First Generation AirPods stolen on launch day by FedEX so I'm too gun shy on deliveries. :)

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
No movement! I don't think anyone here has left China. I have a feeling customs clearance is in place as I speak. It takes a good 12-24+ hours to be completed.

9/16 Wave 1 iPhones will be departing today. But I have no evidence to back this up. Pure speculation. Will wait for @FlightLevel310 flight briefing. I’m sure he’s tracking the UPS planes.
Yep you are correct @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ we are in the customs clearance phase in Wave 1 and likely Wave 2 as well. We are at 24 hours with wave 1 but no movement yet as of just now 9 AM CDT Illinois. Hopefully we will see that next phase just before departure as long as the UPS scans do not get bogged up….

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.