Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

BuddingMillionaire

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2021
I updated to iPhone Plus model when they were first announced. I think it was iPhone 6S Plus? Since then I never looked back. I like big phones. You get more of everything.. more screen, more battery life. I think it all comes down to personal preference. Some people love the regular Pro model size.

I hope the iPhone Ultra will have a 6.9" screen.

White Titanium is white but not as white as the iPhone 14 Pro Max. iPhone Pro Max in White Titanium has more of a calm texture to it. Looks creamy.

View attachment 2266052
Oh yes! The 6 plus was huge! I loved it. Never looked back.

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68040
Dec 3, 2016
USA
Honestly, Iā€™ve always been a fan of the ā€œSā€/incremental years over the new design years because they actually create a better experience. I love those quality of life updates. I understand people like to feel like their phone is different with a new design, but I much rather have a focus on better performance, efficiency, cameras, etc., than a new design. For example, the iPhone 13 lineup seemed like such a better update to me than the iPhone 12, but the iPhone 12 seemed to be a bigger upgrade year.

Luckily, the design update this year actually seems to be a quality of life improvement, so Iā€™m actually excited for it.
Yes, I too used to buy the s versions every other year for the reasons you list. But today's iPhones are not built around that tick-tock kind of thinking.

Reactions: xxray

goneeuro02

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
After adding and removing addresses from my personal My Choice and My Choice for Business accounts I got tracking to show up!!! Just had to keep playing with it till it showed!!! Looks like I am in Wave 1 right?
1694971623637.png

BuddingMillionaire

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2021
Dude Iā€™m so pissed stupid UPS delivered my case to the wrong apartment and I just tried to find it and canā€™t.

this is the first time this has happened at this new place. Iā€™m so annoyed.
We exchange shipments in my neighborhood often. Apparently sometimes house numbers are just decoratiions. šŸ˜† And it's not only UPS

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
I consider the 15 to be an S model
how can that be with a port change to usb c. Not that I donā€™t like S model, but in the past it was associated with a new model.
so if people are remembering ports on the iPhone, the 30 pin was first of course, the iPhone 5 brought us the lightning port, and iPhone 15 with usbc. No port then sure, iPhone 14S

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfs

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I haven't had that problem. She turns on & off lights, locks doors, opens & closes the gate with no issues 95% of the time for me (thus far, I may have jinxed myself)
Oh youā€™re lucky. My husband was trying to set a timer while grilling burgers on Friday and Siri started babbling in a panic about foreskins! o_O He retorted that he wasnā€™t talking about that kind of meat!šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

LK2020

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2020
If you're not clumsy and haven't dropped your 14 yet, then maybe you're good.

I dropped my 14PM flat, face down on concrete from about 3' high - and this is the Zagg glass afterwards. No issues or marks on my 14PM, but I know myself and I can't have nice things.

And I did buy a new Belkin Glass from the AS the next day, 2 weeks from upgrade, because...I'm clumsy - and the 14PM has to be G2G for the IUP Trade-in. At least with Belkin, I can go into the AS and get free replacement screens for "life" or the year that I have the phone.
View attachment 2265966 View attachment 2265967
Ok, I'm getting involved with football, so I'm falling behind. šŸ¤£ I have to respond to this because I'm right there, also. :) I will always have a screen protector because a few years ago and a few models ago, I stepped off a curb wrong at work and I was holding my phone in my hand. When I went down, my phone went face down hard into the concrete. It shattered the screen protector, but the phone was fine. So I, also, will never go without a screen protector for any crazy things like that happening. :)

The whole point of certain coatings (beyond protection or feel, so in the context of "color") is to alter the light reflected or absorbed by a material. Your assertion that because, somehow, there maybe some Titanium Dioxide (which would imply that it's been sufficiently exposed to O2 and allowed to, you know, oxidize) somehow "overrides" or "overpowers" or whatever you'd characterize it from underneath a coating designed and engineered precisely to permit or not allow such wavelengths to absorb/reflect as the coating on top is exactly the opposite of the billions of dollars a year coatings industry that has successfully (for decades) produced coatings that alter the appearance of titanium (and additionally, slow its oxidation to a near standstill over the life of the product).

There is no stronger argument here than reality: they are selling black and blue iPhones, so, clearly, there is a process and a coating (or set of coatings) being used to mask whatever amount of oxidized titanium maybe there as a substrate.

That is, after all, what the prefix "sub" means: under.

Glad you bring up print media, actually! How, in the world, then is not everything printed completely white when printed on white paper (which was generally bleached to get it there, anyway)?

Because, well, ink/dye/pigments are a thing. Like you said, it's no different.

Over time, through tons of wear, perhaps all coatings will wear off, then the titanium will oxidize over time and create a white finish, is this what you are suggesting? This is the *only* way that anything you've asserted is remotely true, which of course, now is a durability discussion of coatings.

See the post above: it plainly shows the images of IP14 and IP15 "whites". The IP15 is much more cream colored, because, just like the blue and black coatings, it has been purposely designed to perform that way in terms of spectrum absorbed/reflected. Apple likely will not release the exact formula ever, but it doesn't require disclosure to know that it's not 100% Titanium Dioxide.

Your car is likely made of a mix of metal, plastics, and bondo....yet, somehow, they manage to produce them in all sorts of colors...not a coincidence or anything functionally different.

Oh yeah, the process of oxidation of pure (e.g. uncoated) Titanium -> Titanium Dioxide, in a regular environment (read: not the 1200 degree autoclaves used to accelerate this process under pressure) is on the scale of *geologic time* to form even a mild white color, that, actually, itself is easily removed by wear, too. So, maybe you are right in about 10 million years, all our iPhones will be pure white by the process you describe (but, unfortunately, they will now also be incredibly brittle, because, well oxidation....) ;).
Above is an excellent post. Lots of great information and details. Seems to know what he's talking about. Good job! šŸ‘šŸ» šŸ«”

When I think of Nat Titanium. This is what I'm getting..

1694972052032.png

IMG_3012.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.