Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
Just checked, charged for pick up, payment is still pending but shouldn’t have an issue.

When do emails usually go out for in store pick up.

Morning of Friday? Al day Friday or Thursday

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
What was your first ever iPhone?

Mine: iPhone 3GS - 2008. Been upgrading every single year since then. It’s 2023. 🤯

View attachment 2266359

Fun fact...I worked for Apple Retail in NYC when the first iPhone launched. W. !4th st. It was electric and looked like New Years Eve outside. A memory I'll never forget. Getting to use the iPhone before the public was a reaction I'll never forget.

4gb iPhone on Cingular lol

thebrick

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
GA, United States
I'm assuming that the in-store pickup phones left the factory. They just charger my apple card for the tax amount on of the iPhone. (iUP customers supposed to be charged for the first month of installment and the total tax amount at the time of purchase)

Yea.. but, volume buttons aren’t going to open your front door, or precondition your Tesla .. the power button is confirmed on screen.
Tbh with you I’m not a fan of Action Button. It just feels too gimmicky. I prefer the classic mute switch. I have a feeling I'm going to miss it.

IMG_3251.jpeg

Clevans

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
" data-source="post: 32494789" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">

Mine: iPhone 3GS - 2008. Been upgrading every single year since then. It’s 2023.

View attachment 2266359

iPhone 3. Then a week later the 3GS was announced and we were able to return the 3 to get the 3GS

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)

Mine: iPhone 3GS - 2008. Been upgrading every single year since then. It’s 2023. 🤯

View attachment 2266359
3GS from Softbank Japan.

I remember how cheap they used to be... although you needed a special "iphone plan" which was 2-3 times more than anything we've seen before.
That was the year we switched from DoCoMo to Softbank, the later having exclusive rights in Japan for iPhone for quite a while.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina

View attachment 2266359

3GS was when I first joined team iPhone. If I remember correctly then it was:

4S
6 Plus
7 Plus
X
11 Plus
13 Pro Max

Before the initial switch to iPhone, I think the HTCs were still very popular, with the sliding keyboard beneath the screen, with a stylus and Windows on the device.

I just want to get this off my chest. 😂

I’m never going to ask @rjjacobson to post his opinion/feedback for the products I recommend him for. Lesson learned. 🤪

@rjjacobson made me beg him to my knees for well over 6 months to convince him to upgrade to a new iPhone 15 Pro Max. He kept denying it and he kept saying he was going after the iPhone 16 Ultra. He is going to wait until next year (2024).

Fast forward to today.. he woke up early in the morning and placed his order. Go figure. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
Same but they are all scripted. Marketing talk. Approved by Apple Marketing Team. Focused on saying, best battery, best screen, best camera... best everything.. you get the idea.

Of course, they are not going to say anything bad. Don’t want to miss out on not getting an invite from Apple to a WWDC or Apple Event.

Real reviews are when we get our hands on our iPhone 15 Pro Max.
Reviews are not submitted to Apple before release. Where did you get this info?

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL

View attachment 2266359
I would have smashed my head in to a wall if I had to do 3G (android was on LTE at the time so I waited to switch to iPhone when they supported LTE and jumped on with a iPhone 5! Space Gray!

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Maybe they accidentally sent you four iPhones.
Such things have been known to happen 😉

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.