Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I think this is our answer regarding picking up at the UPS Customer Center or Access Point... Shoot.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 8.00.01 PM.png

NeoSe7en

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017
As I sit here, eagerly awaiting my iPhone 15 Pro Max 1TB, Ultra 2 watch and USB-C Airpods Pro this Friday, I look at my backup phone, a Galaxy Fold 5 1TB. It's a really good phone and a lot of fun to use. I so badly want to make it my primary.

But...

I've been using iPhones for 15 years now and I can't get away from the ecosystem. I enjoy the integration of iOS with my Mac and iPad. I love the simple (and full) backups and restores. I love not having to convert iTunes content to remove the DRM if I want to put it on Android. The iOS app store tends to have less junk. I'm used to the iPhone's quirks and gestures. I often make iOS gestures on the Android, due to force of habit.

Come on Apple, where's your folding phone? Then it wouldn't even be a choice which platform to go with.
Apple typically isn’t the first to do something. They’re the first to do it right. They like to sit back and let others go through growing pains and mistakes before coming in and doing what everyone else should’ve done from the start.

A folding phone is infinitely more complex than the already complex modern smartphone. Give it time.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Very nice! I want to travel internationally. Dubai is definitely on the top list. Planning on going there next yeah. Hopefully, It actually happens this time.

You will love Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Fly Emirates when you go. Run, do not walk to the Gold Souk. Yes, pay extra to get to the top of the Burj Khalifa and skip the line. Then watch the light show after. See the palace. Do a brunch, skydive, ski, see the garden, go on a cruise - it’s all there. The mosque is amazing! Food is delicious!

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
Because they are all half baked at the moment IMO. The Apple foldable will come. Device hinges have drastically gotten so good. I am willing to drop 2k on an iPhone that turns into an iPad mini....what a banger that will be.
I do agree on the point that they’re half baked now and we know that Apple perfects designs/functionality/etc. I’d be open to checking out what Apple designs in this space but I just can’t imagine working with a phone that big. Will be interesting to see what they come up with at least.

NeoSe7en

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2017
To each his or her own, but I find the foldable phones gimmicky.
I find flip foldables gimmicky. I’ve still yet to hear what the use case is for a flip foldable other than saving a marginal amount of bag/pocket space.

Landscape foldables however you can make an argument for as they eliminate the need for a tablet.

Reactions: Sikh

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Haha I'm guessing by Tuesday our iPhones will be having some movement out of China hopefully!!! It is hard to keep up with all the posts here. I don't want to miss anything, so I try to read every post. Conferences are tough!! Hopefully there's good wifi so you can catch up during lunch or your break. We'll be missing your presence on Tuesday!

Yes, I started this job in January 2023. It's going super well and I'm glad I made the transition over into Product Management. Hopefully, my company doesn't do any layoffs as it seems the tech industry is still doing layoffs. I think we are doing well financially, but you just never know what to believe anymore. 😬
There’s really no connection between how well a company is doing and if they do layoffs. My (former) company laid off thousands of people and then announced massive stock buybacks that would make everyone they laid off a millionaire. Not to mention my manager and the manager working for him assuring our team everyone was fine before at least a quarter of our team got laid off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.