Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

WaitingForGuacamole

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
So, the FineWoven case arrived today. It sucks and I'm a little upset. I wouldn't upset if this wasn't the replacement for the leather cases? It feels like a very cheap piece of fabric that was slapped on a generic case. That being said, the leather cases haven't been that good for a while, either... But. I don't know. I'm not impressed. It's going to stain super easy lol
I was talking about this with my wife when mine arrived this afternoon. She looked at it and said "it looks nice." She felt it and said, "it doesn't feel like leather."

And that's when I realized, nobody at Apple ever said, "The Leather case has been discontinued, and FineWoven is our vegan leather replacement." All they said was, "The Leather case has been discontinued", and also, "Here's our FineWoven case which doesn't have the issues that leather has (but has different issues, and by the way, it kinda sorta feels like suede)". It's only a leather replacement in the way that denim is a leather replacement, but in a way, they want you to think it is, so they can charge the same amount of money they did for their previous, premium product.

And I'm with you - the first time you cook with it, and take a call before fastidiously washing your hands? yeah, that case is done.

EDIT: Has Apple calculated the carbon impact of shipping cases that are not what people want, and then the carbon impact of returning it? I think this will not be earth-shaking, but a lot more than people would think.

Last edited:

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Does the Apple store allow time to run the synch or complete the icloud restore to the new device?
They do, but you use their WiFi which is notoriously slow. I often walk out of the store with no working phone because it is easier to get home and set it up on my personal WiFi.

Reactions: laffnvegas

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
So everyone, who has big plans for their new phone this weekend? Going out to take photos? Running speed and performance comparisons with your current phone? Showing it off to friends and family? Spending several hours going through settings to get every setting to your liking? Catching up on your sleep after spending many hours on this forum?
200w.gif

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
I just got an update that my iPhone is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

First there was nothing, but the hope of a dream, that burned in your soul, ‘tll it craved to be free. But now look around, for the dream touched the world. In a flash, how it changed all our lives. We are Apple, leading the way. We are Apple! And we're making a better today. What a feeling. And we've only begun, in believing, that tomorrow's much brighter, ‘cause Apple is leading the way!

Reactions: LasersGoPewPew

rixa001

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Washington, DC
I think MKBHD may be slightly biased toward Android, but not drastically. I usually enjoy his reviews. It's impossible to avoid bias, I know.
MKBHD has said that he prefers Android to iOS. That's fine. Before my 10+ years of being an 'Apple-Holic,' I used Android (mostly HTC phones). There's been many times I said that I wish iOS could do what Android does (and vice-versa). That doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other.

When all is said and done, it's a matter of enjoying the experience you get with what you like, want & choose.

3 cents

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
Excuse me, I’m a captain as well 😆, one who isn’t working today anyways. I didn’t see any other flights today but you will probably see movement tomorrow. I’m on my phone so can’t really look into it easily. When I’m near my computer I will look and try to get flight numbers like we did this morning.
Last pre-order 2 years ago I was still an FO. We'll refer to @pilotpat as a Senior Captain.

My pink regular 15 I have no information on. On Apple website it’s still preparing for shipment I’m constantly checking my choice for it because that’s being shipped home unlike my 15 pro max and nothing showing up there either.
I have a feeling it will be coming from the states. Apple will overnight it to you. So UPS tracking will populate for you on Thursday. Pending confirmation...

rixa001

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Washington, DC
So everyone, who has big plans for their new phone this weekend? Going out to take photos? Running speed and performance comparisons with your current phone? Showing it off to friends and family? Spending several hours going through settings to get every setting to your liking? Catching up on your sleep after spending many hours on this forum?
When I get my phone, it'll be about the homework (haha): setting it up.

Catching up with sleep. I haven't slept since Pre-Orders went live. (Last Friday)

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Next week we'll be playing with the new toys. It's the following week when we'll really miss this :)
On the 22nd you will see a TON of posts of people saying they received their phone, many posting a photo. They will say that they had fun on the forum, and then you won't see them again until their next upgrade. It's the way of things 😀

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
View attachment 2268335 Interesting route over Japan from dashed route…

The proposed route that FA is showing takes them into N. Korean and Russian airspace. They are avoiding that for a reason everyone knows.

As far as the storm goes, if they could get high enough, they could get over the tops of the cells in the area, but keep in mind that while the B747 is a heavy aircraft and could easily fly over the storm, the fuel they are carrying also adds weight, so they would either have to burn off the fuel to become light enough to climb over the storm, or fly around the storm. They are choosing to fly around it.

That also serves a second purpose; if something happens to the aircraft and they need to divert, they are not far from RJAA/NRT, RJBB/KIX, or RJTT/HND.

Regardless, they'll find a way to stay on an airway and not fly anywhere near Russian airspace, and once they cross the IDL, they'll be in US (Alaskan) airspace.

BL.

Daino92

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2019
Montana
Definitely the taking photos thing. Want to try and improve my skills before we buy a new DSLR to play with as well. If anyone has any websites for good technique let me know!

Reactions: EricExtreme
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.