Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I would be aggravated too damn. This is me showing empathy. After the import scans tomorrow I hope it pops up for you on the Apple Store app at least.
It always does, along with the option of printing out a form on the Apple website for an e-signature for the package if I'm not going to be home. But I'm going to be home, watching my front yard like a crazy person.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
no email, notification or something.

There was an issue with the payment, but they said they'll try again. Didn't happen. I literally called 3 days every day and they said all good.

Looks like it wasn't...
Well, I would call back and ask for a supervisor and have them pull the recordings from previous representatives to see if they can help you get your order reinstated and your pick up done

judyg951

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
sunny So. Ca.
View attachment 2270674 I don’t think anyone here on this forum would fall for these tricks… But I got this text a few minutes ago pretending to be from UPS. I assume if you click the link it’s gonna take you to a fake UPS login and would allow them to get your login credentials. I think this is perfectly timed several days before they know everyone’s receiving their iPhones… And if they can get into your account, they will redirect your phone to hold it up. Pick up location. Be careful out there people!
I got one of those the other day. I just deleted it. I don't know how they expect that people will fall for those.

Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Haha totally! I'm just having fun here in the thread. I definitely have a healthy understanding of what matter most. Hint: it's not a phone. 😉

Cheers!
As a former first responder (worked with the police, fire, and medical over the years) you would (or may not be) surprised how many times I had to respond to a 911 call for a fight or injury over someone choosing an object over their significant other. In most cases it was usually a guy choosing his car over his significant other, but there were times it was over a shiny new phone. I never figured out how someone could chose a thing over someone close to them.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
no email, notification or something.

There was an issue with the payment, but they said they'll try again. Didn't happen. I literally called 3 days every day and they said all good.

Looks like it wasn't...

If it was flagged for fraud, unfortunately normally a merchant does not rerun the card. I am sure Apple send you “there was a problem with your payment” email no? I only say this as one of my bands was flagged for fraud, got an email, and just change my payment to another card. Kept the same order as is.

ericewing

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2017
If you are still stuck in China. Please report!!!

Still in ZhengZhou as of 2:13 pm ET today, scheduled for launch day delivery.

1695233696025.png

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
Still in ZhengZhou as of 2:13 pm ET today, scheduled for launch day delivery.

View attachment 2270931

According the the info @FlightLevel310 posted earlier -- you may see some action between 4:45am-5:45am eastern US time. This will likely be the last chance for the launch day phones to get out of China. You'll have to find his post to get the flight numbers, I don't remember, sorry.

Edit: Here's his post -- https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...very-status-thread-2023.2401167/post-32515948

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
If it was flagged for fraud, unfortunately normally a merchant does not rerun the card. I am sure Apple send you “there was a problem with your payment” email no? I only say this as one of my bands was flagged for fraud, got an email, and just change my payment to another card. Kept the same order as is.
My bank flagged it as suspicious first and declined it.

I then marked it as safe in the bank app and waited for Apple to retry. They didn't retry...

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
I really appreciate that there have been very few people riding in to this thread on their high-horses and tossing their wet blankets on our party with the “relax people, it’s just a phone!”, “get your priorities straight!”, etc.

This is so much fun!
It really is just a phone though. Get your priorities straight! 😀

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
My bank flagged it as suspicious first and declined it.

I then marked it as safe in the bank app and waited for Apple to retry. They didn't retry...
Once you call Apple and let them know what happened. Let us know what they do to resolve the issue. I’m curious and they reinstate the order. Are they gonna tell you to go wait at the Apple Store on lunch day and explain the situation to the Store or they gonna try to get you a device sent out for launch today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.