Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Well good news is you can remove the "🔜 15 Pro" from your sig.
IMG_1654.jpeg

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
they literally refuse to reinstate the order. only to place a new order, which isn't possible
That’s unfortunate. Sorry to hear that. Reading earlier it looks like you set up for in store pick up. You could try reordering it on Froday morning at 6 am and see if you can another order? Im sure they will have plenty of stock for the pro’s. Pro maxes not so much but chances are apple will update the store inventory.

id say email tim cook and see if they will help?

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
My bank flagged it as suspicious first and declined it.
That's happened to me in the past too with large purchases. In fact, my very first Mac purchase required me to call my bank to verify it was a legit purchase.

Honestly, I would suggest always using a credit card to make purchases like this and other high value items. They typically offer buyer protections that you would never get from using your debit card. Things like extended warranties, price adjustments, chargebacks, just to name a few. And then you can just pay the balance in full right away.

I know it is too late for your current order but I hope things work out ok for your new one.

Hey ya'll...

I think I may be up to something. I have a feeling Apple is watching and listening to me. 👀

This is the 3rd time I'm seeing something similar like this. I reported the other two incidents here before. I don't think this is a coincidence at all.

Check out this article posted yesterday. It's a new feature Apple is implementing. New setting to strictly prevent charging beyond 80% for the new iPhone 15 Models - iOS 17.

1695235478380.png

On June 6, 2023,
around WWDC: I made to post to bring the Optimizing Charging feature to iOS.

1695235521421.png

March 26, 2023 - Another post by me: it’s much more efficient, intelligent, and smarter than what we have in iOS. Yes, with optimized charging kicked in. It stops at 80%".

1695235583810.png

October 15, 2022 - This one is a really trippy one. This comment was posted by me: "We need it on iPhones as well. Forwarded the mega thread.

1695235686027.png

So yeah.. I'm being watched by Apple but in a positive way.

Last edited:

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
He pours water on it then says "it leaves a watery residue". Dude, why can't you just say "it's wet"? Do influencers get paid by the word?
Fabric holds water / gets wet when you poor water on it. More news at 10 😑

This truly has to be one of the dumbest things ive heard a reviewer say. Its Fabric, its Water, it ends up making the fabric wet. What matters is how much water does the Fabric end up holding and what happens when the water dries. I really hope someone said something about this in the Youtube comments and he can do an update that says "after about 15 minutes, the fabric was dry and looked the same as before" but Im not holding my breathe.

EDIT: Found a youtuber who actually tested the FineWoven material and water. The results are promising (to me) and I am looking forward to trying the case in store. It will be my first Apple case ever and one of the main reasons im buying it is for the grip. I have to currently carry around a microfiber towel with me because of my randomly sweaty hands and it doesn't completely help with grip when im using thin hard shell plastic cases from Totallee / Peel / Bare / Torras / etc. I am hoping this case is thin enough, light and grippy for me. Will only use it when I leave the house and plan to be out for a bit.

Youtube video:

Last edited:

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Hey ya'll...

I think I may be up to something. I have a feeling Apple is watching me. This is the 3rd time I'm seeing this. I don't think this is a coincidence at all.

Check out this article posted yesterday. It's a new feature Apple is implementing. New setting to strict prevent charging beyond 80%.

View attachment 2270966

On June 6, 2023,
around WWDC: I made to post to bring the Optimizing Charging feature to iOS.

View attachment 2270968

March 26, 2023 - Another post by me: it’s much more efficient, intelligent, and smarter than what we have in iOS. Yes, with optimized charging kicked in. It stops at 80%".

View attachment 2270970

October 15, 2022 - This one is a really tripping one. This comment was posted by me: "We need it on iPhones as well. I then forwarded this link as well". Looks like I also forwarded the link of the mega thread.

View attachment 2270973

They're onto you.

200w.gif

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I usually just restore from iCloud. Although, I have set up as a new iPhone before.
I know I can probably find this online, but if you setup as a new iPhone are you restoring all your messages and photos via iCloud? Or is it completely empty? I know setting up as a new iPhone is the "best", but it takes longer! (also I'm several pages and hours behind).

Reactions: tunastink
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.