Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
" data-source="post: 32518817" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
As long they are in the box. Sealed. Not open! Yes, I'll pay a hefty price for them.

They are new and unused. Alas, they are the power adapters that were included with the iPhones and, therefore, not in sealed boxes. I am confident that you can get individually boxed 5W power adapters at eBay.

Last edited:

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
Rain runs with the Ultra 1 are great, only flaw is get soaked in a downpour and it becomes hard to maneuver the screen or phantom gestures strike. I wonder if they addressed this with AWU2. Is this a coating issue or just how water and watch screens operate?

View attachment 2271287
I am curious to know about this. I am a bit of a runner and live in the DFW area, so running here in the summertime can be a very sweaty experience. I have a protective case on my AWU1 and when I would run with the case on the watch, sweat would get underneath the case and cause false inputs to the watch. I would be slugging along and my watch would go nuts. I quickly learned to take the protective off my AWU before my runs and that would eliminate the issue. I hate running in the rain, so I never had to deal with rain drops causing any problems.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I am in St. George, actually! The weather here in the fall is great, so October will be wonderful!
I know. I've been there many times. You guys went through one hell of a heat wave a couple months ago.
What do you get using Aftership?
I get an additional note saying that my phone has cleared US customs but I seriously doubt that.

Reactions: Djones96 and Wolfs

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
  • Sad
Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

Lex404

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
Technically yes, and for example, if you are using the Microsoft Authenticator App, it may transfer the account but it will eventually break the link between that app and your account. So its always good to get signed into your Microsoft account first (authenticate on the old phone on wifi if need be) then follow this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...n-method-772f64a1-bf7e-483d-8b5c-1d3945494e83 to setup the app again for your account!
I had issues with MS Auth last time and nothing synced from icloud.

Now I moved everything to 2FAS and I'll keep an encrypted offline backup (usb and icloud files) of the keys..

Which one are you picking?

IMG_3576.jpeg

jwm

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Redondo Beach, California
My Andar arrived today. Great quality and materials. Soft nap leather on button surfaces. I got the color match I wanted with my Ridge wallet - but damn - that Action Button cutout is hard to get over right now. I'm worried the case will be thick enough to make it hard to press the Action Button (could be good or bad - too early to tell). This is my main issue with it for now. I'll keep it to try out first.
View attachment 2271123 View attachment 2271125 View attachment 2271126
That is a nice looking case!

Reactions: julit0

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Your partner sounds legit. I love that they are waiting! Seriously. Well done team!!

I, like most here, can relate to that quietly conflicted feeling of meeting any obligation on THE BIGGEST DAY OF THE FRIGGIN' YEAR! I stated taking Friday's off work, off everything, just to savor that whole day. I mean, I can have one day. 🤪

So what I've not yet shared here (mainly because it is too painful), is that I'm a Friday in-store pickup guy. I have a 1:15 pm pickup appointment set. That is not the painful part - though it isn't without some pain (and I use that word ever so lightly). This represents my first, and only, time I will ever opt for in-store pick-up. I did so thinking I was so smart. Since I'm the last stop on my UPS delivery driver's route, I tend to get my phones anywhere from 6-9 pm on Friday. Last year, the driver simple ran out of time on Friday, and when I called they said he'd reattempt the nest day. WTF?? The next day came and went. No attempted delivery. Long, frustrating story not as long, I ended up getting my laugh day device Monday. Super annoying. anyway, I thought I'd avoid all of that malarkey and opt for in-store pickup.

I'm part of iUP. What I didn't know when I uncharacteristically selected in-store pickup, was that I'd have to relinquish my 14 Pro in order to walk out with my 15 Pro. Not sure what the issue would be. I am technically still paying for the 14 Pro. So it's not like I'm pulling a "fast one" on anyone. I would think I could just request a return box from Apple, just liek we receive for in-home iUP swaps, and be good. But that does to sound like the case. Sounds like Apple will inspect the old phone on the spot, and then close that account right then and there. Had I known that, I would have stuck with in-home delivery. I like to take my time with the config of the new device, to ensure everything ported over properly (that can often take more time than an in-store scenario affords). Additionally, and more importantly, I really enjoy having both devices for a few days. I like comparing/contrasting every aspect of each device. It's a harmless, super nerdy thing I really enjoy. Anyway, the decision to select in-store pickup was an audible I called in the heat of the melee that was the online ordering fiasco. I was rattled. Mistakes were made. 😂

Complicating matters further, I'm a moron. I completely spaced that we are joining another family on an unusually late in the season (for us) camping trip this weekend. We leave Friday morning. So my scheduled 1:15 pm in-store pickup appointment on Friday is now moot. Ish (more in a sec). As it stands, the earliest I can get my 15 Pro is Monday. You better believe I will be first in line!

But... I do have a couple of options. Maybe.

Opt. #1) This is where my 1:15 pm pickup appointment may still be of value. I can designate a friend to attend that appointment for me. While I have not done that before, I do understand it's possible. Now, what I'm not sure about is how my iUP status affects that in-store pickup scenario. What I would liek to se is my designated stand-in can pickup my 15 Pro and I can pick it up from him Sunday eve. Inthat scenario, I wold need to be able to request a return box from Apple and handle th swap as I have every time prior. But I'm not at all confident that is an option. After sending this, I'll be calling Apple to learn more. 🤞

Plan #2) In case the guest in-store pickup scenario can't work due to my iUP status, my second option is to hustle and get back to Denver in time to swing by and pick-up my device in-person. This still involves the hurried in-store config aspect I do to like/want, but it would mean I have my new device earlier. Talk about a motivated camp site packer upper. By the time the kids wake Sunday morning, all that we'd need to do is close up the pop-up camper. The rest I'd have packed. "Good morning kids. Get in the car. We'll get breakfast on the road." 😂

From the online ordering process to these crazy scenarios I just laid out, what a goofy iPhone upgrade year this has been for me. And to be clear: I am not complaining about a worst-case scenario of getting my 15 Pro on Monday the 25th. Just sharin' in the groove. 😜
Just got to this post and wow, this seems to be a comedy of unfortunate errors in general. I have been reading that some people are able to send their previous iPhone back via box if they do in-person pickup? I just know the first time I did it, I was caught off guard. I stayed at the Apple Store for an hour to make sure everything was working before returning my old iPhone. I'm sure everything will work out. Maybe if you have a friend pick it up, then the return of the old iPhone isn't expected and Apple will send you the box to ship back? I guess you can also pick-up on Sunday when you get back to Denver. Hopefully your iPhone 14 Pro/Max will be completely backed up and ready to go! Hey this only happens once a year, so I feel like all our friends and family should learn to live with it. 😂 Let us know what you end up doing!!! What a saga! Also, I convinced my partner to upgrade from the 12 Pro to 15 Pro. I did the pre-order for him. I sent him his tracking number and he has zero interest in tracking it like I do. He just doesn't have the excitement towards this new iPhone! I bought him a case, screen protector and charger cables. I'm his iPhone fairy I guess. The least he can do is wait for me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.