Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
@Theyayarealiving thank you so much for all that you have done for this thread and its readers and contributors. You are such a blessing.
Thank you for allowing me to be your host. It was a very tough and challenging year not just for me but for a lot of us. I'm glad we are still here together. Standing strong!

I hope you are going to love your new iPhone. Take lots of photos and don't be a stranger. Please come back next year. I will be waiting. Cheers!

POWERPLANTHOMER

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2021
Yes. There are a bunch of internet and YouTube channels that go to Australia, and get an iPhone as soon as possible, then they try to destroy it as quickly as they can.
I fix it people will have a video shortly showing how to take it all apart.
This guy has a thick Russian accent though?

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
So question… Apple released 17.0.1 today, so do we backup on 17.0 and not update to restore tomorrow to our new phones? Or do we think they shipped with 17.0.1?

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
Thank you for allowing me to be your host. It was a very tough and challenging year not just for me but for a lot of us. I'm glad we are still here together. Standing strong!

I hope you are going to love your new iPhone. Take lots of photos and don't be a stranger. Please come back next year. I will be waiting. Cheers!
giphy.gif

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
They won't be shipped with 17.0.1 but either way you can always load the phone up, update it, then restore from backup too if you decide to update your current device now. It's a pretty important security update. Working in IT... i usually don't risk waiting for security updates.
It sounds like 15 Pro series comes with a launch day 17.0.2 update as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.