Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
It always kind of cracks me up that I live in Lubbock, Texas population of 300,000, and we get a plane every morning from UPS from Louisville, all pretty big planes, Airbus 300-622, but every year, the iPhone just comes in from Dallas Fort Worth airport every year on a truck which is 320 mile drive
anyways, just a little over 13 hours till I go to the will call window at the customer service center here, give the sweet young lady there a dozen Krispy Kreme‘s for her and the others there, pick up both of the phones and decide what I’m gonna do with the second one because I only intended to order one in the first place but I got a little panicky and keyboard happy on pre-order day, so one is paid with my Apple Card in full and the other one is gonna be a trade-in on my Apple Card monthly payments.
This is what happens when you don’t get enough sleep because you’re Having fun hanging line with Yaya, and all the other yahoos here.
I enjoy this time here because we all root for each other to get our devices as soon as possible and help others, with no thought of politics for any of the other BS.

Last edited:

AnOracle

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Walked by my local AT&T store. They were taking down the iPhone 14 banners

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    503.2 KB · Views: 63

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I was under the impression the new 15's come with 17.0.2 and all the older ones need to be on 17.0.1 to transfer over to the 15's. I know that sounds weird but I'm pretty sure that is what I read in the MRs article earlier.
Yes thats what I heard...all will be apparent tomorrow

Reactions: Wolfs

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
I was under the impression the new 15's come with 17.0.2 and all the older ones need to be on 17.0.1 to transfer over to the 15's. I know that sounds weird but I'm pretty sure that is what I read in the MRs article earlier.
There seems to be some confusion about what version is on the 15’s. Is it 17.0 and there are two different updates? Or is it 17.01 and only one update? It really would not matter except for restoring the backup. I am going to be very careful. My 14 backup will take place tonight. And I need the 15 to use a version that allows me to use it during restore. I have my fingers crossed that Apple has set it up so that this will work very smoothly with out a bunch of version changes being required. 🤞

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.