Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
I preordered, got in pretty quickly, hit buy preorder-denied on Apple Card (really?). Site crashes, then comes back on, my preorder is gone. Add a phone, site corrupts. Did this 3 times. One finally goes into my bag. Go to my bagā€¦you canā€™t purchase 5 phonesā€¦had to delete 4 phones, 4 AppleCares..,then buy. A little over 20 minutes in. All phones were in my bag, but I couldnā€™t access it. Seems like one of the biggest tech companies in this world couldā€™ve done this better. My pre-order, which I guess I didnā€™t use was on my account for 4 days. Too funnyā€¦a week lateršŸ˜‚šŸ¤¢

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
I think it will depend on whether or not freight moves on Sunday. I know UPS doesnā€™t deliver on Sunday, but what I donā€™t know is if theyā€™re still moving packages by truck and air to hubs for Monday delivery.
I would hope so! I would love to start the week with a new phone on Monday.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
That's true I'm trying to calculate the time in my head it seems it would cut it close when it goes to Archoage on Sunday it still has 2 more trips after that.
There are 7 flights scheduled tonight from ANC to SDF, then theyā€™ll do a midnight sort Early Monday morning where flights will leave early to their destination.

Whatā€™s your city/major city youā€™re close to?

Reactions: ColoArtist

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Sad, they wonā€™t allow phones to be held at UPS. I wonder if is due to theft or the recent strike. Guess I have to take Monday off.

I called UPS and Apple. Both said holds are disallowed.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Iā€™m still amazed by the year I had no tracking the night before, but made it overnight to my doorstep. The tracking had it all recorded from the night before to the morning. My guess is, barring tragedy, theyā€™ll make it no problem.

Reactions: ColoArtist

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Joined the party after a few days of hitting the Apple store refresh and picked up today midday and almost fully set up... FYI I'm sure some people might know but you have two weeks after purchase pick up to trade in a previous phone towards that purchase..
ead4ee472ce416faa589b94ed14471df.jpg

mathiasinthe314

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2016
Saint Louis, Missouri
Iā€™m still amazed by the year I had no tracking the night before, but made it overnight to my doorstep. The tracking had it all recorded from the night before to the morning. My guess is, barring tragedy, theyā€™ll make it no problem.

That happened on both my 11 and 13PM. I got tracking info the day before showing it was in Louisville and delivered the next day. With my 14PM and now my 15PM Iā€™ve been able to track from China on.

Reactions: itsMacTonight

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Cheers to these phones making it Monday. I think it was my 10 that showed no tracking until the day of launch and tracking showed all the way from China in one 24 hour period. Of course that was a Thursdayā€¦not a weekend, but I donā€™t think this should matter.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Sad, they wonā€™t allow phones to be held at UPS. I wonder if is due to theft or the recent strike. Guess I have to take Monday off.

I called UPS and Apple. Both said holds are disallowed.
Apple has a restriction in place to not allow it, which makes no sense because they allow the couriers to release them at the door.

Personally I think itā€™s safer to hold than to leave a door step, but itā€™s whatever the shipper(s) want.

Reactions: itsMacTonight

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Joined the party after a few days of hitting the Apple store refresh and picked up today midday and almost fully set up... FYI I'm sure some people might know but you have two weeks after purchase pick up to trade in a previous phone towards that purchase..
ead4ee472ce416faa589b94ed14471df.jpg
LOVE this case! Get it at Apple Store?

Reactions: Bkdodger

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I keep obsessively refreshing MyChoice to see if I have a departure scan from Incheon. Haha. We will know shortly.
If you download the app AfterShip, it was my "canary in the coal mine" for UPS changes. It seemed like it would pop up a UPS status/scan change and that would notify me to go check in detail in MyChoice. Also kept me from obsessively refreshing :D (bah, i did that anyway)

Marko3563

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2022
Currently sitting in the October 17th - 24th range for delivery, no movement past processing yet. I figure it'll be another week or so before anything moves, maybe sooner with supply catching up. Hopeful as I have the AirPods Pro 2 and Series 9 over here. Just waiting for the main course!

Mine is still sitting in the same time range with "processing." I check multiple times a day for a change in date LOL

Reactions: sudofrank
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.