Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giopiar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2019
Hello everybody,

Yesterday night I downloaded Sequoia and created an USB install media to perform a clean install on my 2019 27" iMac.

I'm a 15+ years Mac user and, even if I know that nowadays performing a clean install is essentially useless, I usually prefer to go this way when a new major version is released.

I proceeded as usual (created install media, rebooted, initialized SSD as APFS) but, after choosing destination disk, installer stuck without giving any error message nor useful information on log.

I struggled all night to find a solution: I re-initialized the SSD, reset PRAM and SMC, changed my network settings but nothing changed. In the end I chose "English" instead of "Italian" in the installer welcome screen and it magically worked!

I don't know if the bug is present only with Italian or with other languages, too, but I hope this post can help others struggling with this issue.

caru

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
europe
There's a guy on another forum with your very same issue (Italian). He's also figured out that choosing "english" made the trick.
thanks for the heads up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.