Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zulkarnain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Singapore
Hi there,

I am using the Edifier R19u USB speakers with a mid-2010 iMac. After updating to MacOS Sierra, the system no longer detects the speakers and I'm now unable to play any sound through the external speakers. The sound is playing thru the internal speakers instead.

Any fix for this?? HELP!

jerwin

Suspended
Jun 13, 2015
Do they show up in the USB Device Tree?

(About This Mac, System Report Button...)

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Another question:
Are the speakers connected directly to the Mac's USB port, or are they running "through a hub" ...?

zulkarnain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Singapore
Another question:
Are the speakers connected directly to the Mac's USB port, or are they running "through a hub" ...?

they're directly connected to one of the imac's usb port.
[doublepost=1474503333][/doublepost]
Do they show up in the USB Device Tree?

(About This Mac, System Report Button...)

now it doesn't. they were working fine right up to the moment i decided to update to macOS Sierra

jerwin

Suspended
Jun 13, 2015
My secondary display stopped working with sierra. (I suspect that this might have had something to do with airserver). Didn't even show up in the System report. Had to reboot. The display came back. Yay. Now I can watch TV and do work at the same time.

zulkarnain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Singapore
My secondary display stopped working with sierra. (I suspect that this might have had something to do with airserver). Didn't even show up in the System report. Had to reboot. The display came back. Yay. Now I can watch TV and do work at the same time.

I've rebooted many times. I've even tried resetting the SMC & NVRAM, still nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.