Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soma 115

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
the Chi
I recently bought a used nikon D40, and i was wondering if there was anywhere that sells some sort of refurbished nikon AF S VR lenses.

Thanks in advance.

-Dillon

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
For a reputable place you could try either Adormama Camera or B and H Photo and Video, both of which have physical stores in NYC and online stores.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Not sure where you are located.

Here in Baltimore there is a company that sells used equipment called " Service Photo ".

As far as 'refurbished' lenses, I am not sure if Nikon sell refurbs.

I am a Canon user and if a lens has a problem we have it sent back for a fee they fix it and go over it, not sure if that could be considered a refurb so much as just a repaired unit.

Look in your area for a photography supply store.

The good ones cater to professionals, and may also affiliate themselves with schools in the area giving discounts to students for class materials.

I shop at Service Photo, I know at times I pay more there than I have to, but the service I get is well worth that added cost.

Another HUGE advantage to buying locally - you can walk in, test the lens before you buy it. If you mail order used lenses and there is a problem the hassle of returning via mail is a headache.

Soma 115

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
the Chi
Looks legit to me. And the seller has plenty of feedback.

Yeah that's the thing that convinced me. also most of the good feedback is from items with large price tags like D300's and such...

Also does anyone have that lens? and would you recommend it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.