Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nelsonmarcos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
Hi everyone!

This happened 3 times: I opened the MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)/Mojave, and it was out of batteries. After I connected the power cord and turn it on, the only user available was the administrator. My personal user has just 'disappeared' .

So I logged in with the administrator user and found out that my user was just disabled. I re-enable the user and everything was back to normal (no file missing).

Since it happened 3 times, I think it's not a coincidence but I didn't find anything about that googling about it.

Does anyone have any idea?

PS: to be more precise I don't have the administrator password. I have to bring the notebook to my support team so they can input the password and re-enable the user. This is why this is an issue for me.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
No answer, but suspect maybe something going on with your IT department and them using an MDM application. Something in their tools and or configurations that are disabling user accounts.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"PS: to be more precise I don't have the administrator password. I have to bring the notebook to my support team so they can input the password and re-enable the user. This is why this is an issue for me."

Ask you support team to make your account an administrator account.... ;)

Reactions: AZcjohnson

J.Gallardo

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2017
Spain
...the User disappears due to a lack of energy shutdown...
I suppose it doesn’t happen after a regular shutdown.
The Administrator has the answer (yes, perhaps a special config or security tool)... but by now:
he/she wants you to be more responsible about notebook charging & sleeping time.
Just shutdown after working.
;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.