Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southbark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
I downloaded the aperture trial and tried transfering files from my sd10 camera well i downloaded sigma's photot software and it seems to work very well but when i try to use aperture it does not see the photos at all.Its like there not the right file.supposedly a Sigma SD-10 captures in raw files in .x3f as its file extension

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The supported cameras list is here. You cameras RAW format is not currently supported so you cannot use the RAW files in Aperture (or iPhoto or Preview).

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Aperture is not for the point and shoot, I don't believe it has any JPEG editing capabilities. Aperture was designed strictly for RAW...

Sorry for the disappointment.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Aperture is not for the point and shoot, I don't believe it has any JPEG editing capabilities. Aperture was designed strictly for RAW...

Beyond the RAW decode fine tuning ALL the other tools work on JPEG, TIFF etc.

adrianblaine

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2006
Pasadena, CA

This is such an odd comment... Aperture was made to enhance the work-flow for RAW, but it is certainly not strictly for RAW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.