Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
I have a Mac Pro at home which I use for essentially all of my photo work. I run Aperture. If I get a MacBook, is there some way I can access that Aperture library when I'm on the road?

I imagine that if my library were on a drive attached to an AirPort, that it might work?

Thanks for any suggestions.

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for the replies.

I think I may be a bit limited because my current MacBook Pro is running off a Power PC chip and so the Back To My Mac option is out.

I will look into remote desktop, not sure if that is possible.

Or it might be time for a new computer.....

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
PHPture, I made a thread about it a while ago, I'll dig it up.

phpture_master_small.jpg

It's awesome, runs on your web server.

EDIT:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/629588/

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
Apple really dropped the ball regarding pro support for Aperture. They should have released Aperture server last year, I hope they do it with the next revision. Else there is no way for multiple photographer to work on the same library at the same time.

Actually, as much as I like Aperture, sometimes I wonder if anyone at Apple is actually using it. There are so many little annoying glitches in it (ex: the meta tag panel does not put the cursor in the filter field) that I cant believe that no one has noticed it yet...

I dont know if it would help you but you could always use PHPaperture to consult your pictures from the net...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.