Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfnc25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2022
Does anyone know if it is possible to login on a MAC by using Google SSO. My company is looking into a way for our MAC users to start logging into their MAC devices using their company Google credentials. We have this working on our Windows devices by installing GCPW so when a new employee gets a device they boot it up and there is a Add Work Account option, they click that and sign in with their company issued Google credentials.

Our IT team has been struggling to get this working on apple devices (MACs). Apple just recently announced you can federate your Google domain within Apple business manager but I'm not sure if that is going to give us what we are looking for. What we are trying to accomplish is something like this. Let's say John Doe is a new employee and I ship him a provisioned MacBook, he gets the device boots it up and we would like him to login with his company email.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips !!!

bedge

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2014
Same exact question.
With Kiwi dropping their free tier (Boo) on 10/31, this is now an issue for many others too.

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
Hmm, could be dodgy and probably it isn't what you're looking for, but as for pre-created accounts with Google linking maybe, Active Directory? With VPN or proxy connection

Natanael.softonic

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
I am researching along these two lines:
+

and / or

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.