Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
I recently upgraded to High Sierra and realized that Valgrind doesn't work anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it won't work either. Is there any workaround to get Valgrind working on High Sierra? I've been searching everywhere but I can't seem to find it.

Are there any alternatives in the meantime? My university requires us to use Valgrind and my next quarter begins soon.

If anybody has any information/help, that would be great.

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
If you can't find a native version for High Sierra, you could always install Virtual Box and a Linux x64 distro.

Virthual Box, with the Guest Additions installed allows apps running on the Linux VM to run in a window on the Mac with the Linux OS running in the background. So, if you get a reasonably small profile distribution of Linux, it shouldn't impact Mac performance too much. Best, Virtual Box and Linux are no cost.

No doubt they will eventually update the app, so above may be less painful that downgrading your Mac.

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
If you can't find a native version for High Sierra, you could always install Virtual Box and a Linux x64 distro.

Virthual Box, with the Guest Additions installed allows apps running on the Linux VM to run in a window on the Mac with the Linux OS running in the background. So, if you get a reasonably small profile distribution of Linux, it shouldn't impact Mac performance too much. Best, Virtual Box and Linux are no cost.

No doubt they will eventually update the app, so above may be less painful that downgrading your Mac.

This is probably what I will do in the meantime. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.